The PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics has inspired us to go skiing!! And although there are those who always travel to the same destination, the world oﬀers impressive places for which it is worthwhile to take a long vacation and enjoy them to the fullest. It does not matter if you know how to ski or snowboard since you were a child or something new you want to learn. We selected nine places that have tracks of all levels (with the best snow) and a wide variety of activities and hot spots with cannabis to get some chill after playing at snow. Which one will you go to ﬁrst?
- Telluride, Colorado, United States -Smoking Tolerance Level : 10/10 -Telluride is a ski resort located in Colorado. It was founded by Joseph T. Zoline and is a six-hour drive from Denver. The mountain is for skiers of all levels. It has 127 tracks and there are for everyone, even beginners can climb to the top and enjoy the mountain as well as the experts. You can stay in the town of Telluride or in the Mountain Village, up in the mountains. Both are connected by a free gondola that offers stunning scenery. As long as you are 21 years or older, you have a constitutional right to possess and consume marijuana in Colorado. You will need a government issued identiﬁcation to prove you are 21 years or older, so a drivers license or passport would be sufﬁcient enough. Note that you don’t need to be a Colorado resident to possess cannabis and there isn’t any type of registration system.Previously, tourists in Colorado were restricted to purchasing 7 grams or less, while Colorado residents could purchase up to 28 grams. This law changed in June 2016, and now both tourists and residents can purchase 28 grams in a single transaction. Whistler, British Columbia, CanadaSmoking Tolerance Level : 8/10 Whistler is considered one of the best places to ski in Canada and has one of the largest mountains in North America. It is only two hours by car from Vancouver. It hosted the 2010 Winter Olympics. The ski season is long, from November to the end of April. It has two mountains: Whistler and Blackomb. The Peak 2 Peak gondola joins the two from the top and has a distance of 3 kilometers. It has more than 200 tracks. Best of all, you no longer need VISA to visit Canada.
- Aspen, Colorado, United States – Smoking Tolerance Level : 10/10 -Aspen was a mining city that today has become one of the favorite destinations of all skiers and celebrities. It has four mountains: Snowmass, Aspen Highlands, Aspen Mountain and Buttermilk. With the ski pass you have access to all the mountains. It is 3.5 hours from Denver. Besides having excellent ski slopes, the village has impressive restaurants, shops, hotels and bars to enjoy after skiing. He has received recognitions such as the “America’s Best Town for the Holidays” in 2015 by the revsita Travel + Leisure.Sometimes, it’s easy to forget that cannabis was once illegal in Colorado— especially in a small ski town with seven dispensaries in its downtown core alone. Aspen is notorious for having the highest pot-shop density of any city in the state—one for every 850 people, based on 2014 population ﬁgure of 6,805 residents. It’s worth noting, too, that Snowmass has a moratorium on marijuana, which prohibits “the establishment of any medical marijuana facility or any retail marijuana establishment in the town of Snowmass Village” and was just extended through October 21, 2018.
- St. Mortiz, Switzerland – Smoking Tolerance Level : 8/10 -The small town of St. Moritz, located in Grissons of Switzerland, is the oldest ski resort in the world. It hosted the Olympic Games of 1928 and 1948, and the ski world championship in 2003. The most famous of its hotels is the Kulm, which won the 2015 Travelers Choice Award. There are many options for skiing, since it has 88 tracks . The peak Pitz Muriel has a maximum altitude of 2,349 meters, but the most appreciated descent is the descent of 9 kilometers from Pitz Corvatsch to 3,300 meters. Being in this place is a must go Muottas Muragi lookout.Swiss police must not give too much of a shit, as the country has the secondhighest rate of marijuana use among youth (among them, presumably, future police). And despite a blanket prohibition on THC, there’s a growing market for over-the-counter and legal cannabis sales in aesthetically pleasing dispensaries.
Yes, Switzerland is crazy for high-end CBD.
The government is currently debating whether to adopt a system making personal consumption legal — similar to the situation in Amsterdam – or establish a completely legal cannabis marketplace.
- Mont Tremblant, Canada – Smoking Tolerance Level : 7/10 -A little over an hour from Montreal, in the Quebec region, is Mont Tremblant, in the Laurentian Mountains. It is one of the oldest mountains on the planet, surrounded by lakes and forests. There are 600 hectares for skiing and snowboarding, with 95 tracks of all levels. Its European-style village, its cobblestone streets, colorful houses, boutique shops, bistros and French-style cafes make this place unique.Marijuana is legal only for medical use in Montreal, with a doctor’s permit. Small amounts may be discarded but don’t carry more than you have to. Always be on the lookout for suspicious situations. Just because pot is widely tolerated it doesn’t make it cool to ﬂaunt. Cannabis remains illegal under law in Canada, yet you will ﬁnd Canada has one of the most tolerant cultures despite this.
The little cities around Montreal will sell better and cheaper pot! Especially Laval and St-eustache, that can be reached with a train for tourits, you just have to walk around and ask for a number that delivers! Often you get a gram or 2 in extra just because you bought something! According to recent reports it’s been a while (2-3 years) since anyone on the streets got caught! So in a way it’s safer than Montreal!
The pricing is amazing here. And can be even closer to $5/gram.
- Val d’Isère, France – Smoking Tolerance Level : 6/10 -Val-d’Isère is a French town and a famous ski resort in Savoy, just 5 km from the Italian border. It is located at the end of the Vanoise National Park, in the heart of the Alps. It is part of the Killy Space, named after the French skier Jean-Claude Killy. In addition to the beauty of the place, the area is one of the most extensive ski areas in the world. The station also has two tracks for freeriding, extreme skiing. Bellavarde was the scene of four of the ﬁve men’s downhill skiing events at the Albertville Olympic Games in 1992. In addition, Val-d’Isère was the venue for the 2009 Alpine Ski World Championships.Law enforcers aren’t very strict when it comes to consuming cannabis in France, especially in the places like Val d’Isère. Cannabis is illegal in whole France, but ski-resorts attract many tourists, so if they want to get some weed, police won’t be strict in enforcing the laws. Just don’t smoke weed in front of families and kids and you’ll be ﬁne.
The same advice goes with every ski-resort. You should always check the local bars and hotel receptions. Be friendly and polite, and people will most likely help you out. The supply is scarce so that you can expect higher prices compared to other regions in France, but that’s probably alright, as this skiresort is one of the most expensive ones in France.
Prices vary mostly depending on connections and weed quantity. A quality of weed is only decent, but don’t worry as it will give you a nice high. You can expect to pay anywhere from 15 to 30 euros for one gram of decent buds.
- Zermatt, Switzerland – Smoking Tolerance Level : 6/10 -It is the highest ski resort in Europe, considered as a unique destination in the Alps. It is the cradle of mountaineering worldwide. This destination is located in the middle of the Matterhorn, which is the most photographed mountain in the world. In Zermatt you can ski throughout the year thanks to the fact that it is in full glacier. It can be reached by Switzerland or Italy. This place is perfect for learning to ski and for experts.Smoking marijuana is not legal in Switzerland but there are some cities wherein cops are very tolerant to smokers and would just ignore those who will be caught in possession of weed or hashish in small amounts. In case the police will caught you with toking stuffs for personal consumption, most likely you will be issued a warning and given a ﬁne. It is not difﬁcult to buy hashish and weed in Switzerland since these smoking stuffs are available in almost all places and cities. Almost instantly you will see Swiss kids and groups of people selling marijuana and hash. The average price for one gram of dope in Switzerland is 10 to 12 US dollars. For 3 to 5 grams of outdoor buds, the price is about $50 in Lugano. Almost
the same price for 2 to 3 grams of indoor grown. You can haggle with price if you buy a lot. There are various marijuana brands in Switzerland. White Widow and Super Skunk are among the top. Magic Dragon, Blunza, Green tea and schugga- these are some of the names used by Swedish people to call the green stuff. Schoggi, Piis and Mogge for the brown stuff or hashish. In Basel, only highly potent weed with no seeds.
- Vail, United States – Smoking Tolerance Level : 7/10 -Vail was founded as a tourist center in 1962 and built in the style of an Alpine village. It is the largest ski resort in the United States and one of the favorite places for Mexicans. It has 193 ski slopes. It has very good restaurants, bars and an excellent nightlife.Vail is a very popular mountain ski town at the base of Vail Mountain, located 100 miles west of Denver International Airport. There are three different base areas (Vail Village, Lionshead and Golden Peak) surrounded by countless higher-end shops, quality restaurants and lively bars, making it a great place for families, couples and skiers (or non-skiers) alike. With no caraccess heated streets, free in-town shuttles, and scenic Gondola rides for those who just want to take a ride to the top without skiing down, you’ll enjoy all that the town has to offer in comfort.
While marijuana is illegal in Vail, you can travel 5 minutes up the road to Eagle-Vail, Eagle, or Edwards. In these small towns you will ﬁnd numerous legal marijuana clubs to purchase your marijuana to consume in private. Some of these cannabis clubs have a cannabis friendly taxi service, as safety is a high concern. The average price of recreational cannabis in Colorado is $11.03 per gram of ﬂower
Credit: Poland Luke