In several languages, including Russian and Hindi, “chai” simply means tea. Unlike regular tea, however, which is made with water as a base, chai is often made with milk, or a dairy alternative. We didn’t add cannabis to the recipe this time, but you can easily make your chai infused by adding cannabis-infused milk, or some pre-made canna-butter or coconut oil.
Cannabis Masala Chai
A sweet and spicy black tea with milk
Prep time: 15 min, Cook time: 10 min
- 4 cups water
- 4 green cardamom pods
- ½ teaspoon black cardamom powder or 1 black cardamom pod
- 2 whole cloves
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon or 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 1-inch piece of ginger root peeled and sliced
- 2 black tea bags
- ½ cup milk dairy or non-dairy
- 2 teaspoons honey or other sweetener
- Bring the water to boil in a medium-sized pot.
- Add the cardamom pods, cardamom powder, cloves, fennel seeds, cinnamon, ginger, and black tea.
- Boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the milk and bring back to a boil.
- Add the honey, mix well, and strain.